Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Power We Bestow

This is probably going to be my most random and off topic post that I'll have on here - but it's something that I felt warranted mentioning. As almost everyone knows I'm obsessed with all things USC, especially 'SC Football. Why this is? there are many reasons - but regardless of the continual hazing and slander I get from my friends back at ASU, it's something that I love and I will probably always follow.

It came to my attention, sadly through of all things TWITTER, that a young man by the name of Ryan Davidson passed away nearly two-weeks ago. Now you might be wondering who is this boy? He's not a Heisman Trophy recipient, he was not a person capable of greatness on the football field...heck he wasn't even a member of the Trojan Football team. But who he was, was a integral member of the Trojan Family and someone whose inspiration and heroism is a microcosm for how special life is and the power we have with our attitudes and how we can affect people.

I would like to write more - but my words would only do a disservice to the special nature that this boy had on his community, his family and the Trojan Football team. Instead I would like to leave you with a link to Tom Mulhern's article on who this boy was and the special nature with which he lived life and impacted others.

Enjoy!

No comments: