Saturday, August 7, 2010

saturday's thoughts

i'm realizing the more i pursue the course i'm on - the further i distance myself from the world i left behind. i'm going down a road that i cannot describe on a path that's more intensely difficult that i ever could have fathomed. fueled solely on the strength of dreams, borne of my own ambition and desire for storytelling - i know i will eventually achieve the success i desperately crave.

however, as i drift deeper in to this abyss, i don't think success will eventually be enough. it has to stand for something more than that. and on some level it will have to incorporate responsibly advancing the pursuit of excellence of this art and placing my stamp on a craft for which there is no proven method.

whether this comes to fruition is anyone's guess. but i know what i have to do, and i refuse to accept failure as an option. no one will deny me of my goals - not even myself - i refuse to acknowledge it.

No comments: