Thursday, September 11, 2008

Moving On

So I know the people that read this already know exactly what's going on in my life, but I figured I would update this for you anyway. As most of you know by now, Kathrine and I have ended our relationship. I don't have much to say on the matter (and without getting too soapy) I just want to say that she's an amazing person and someone who will always have my respect and will always have a piece of my heart.

I cannot say the past few days have been easy, but then again they never are after something so amazing ends. I will always look at my first months here in Florida with awe and be glad that during that hard transition in my life I had someone there to help me through it and share in the joys and pains associated with it.

----

As for school, things are pretty much the same. Despite the distractions this week has brought about, I scored 100s on all my tests. For those successes though, I did fail in getting my story green-lit for advanced lighting. My group is going to film someone else's story, and although there was a lot of interest in my idea, I later discovered that what I had written was not exactly proper grammar. I guess trying to write something intelligent despite an obvious lack of sleep isn't the best idea. Either way, I am going to re-write the script and see if we can't film it some other time.

As for projects outside of class - there isn't a whole lot going on right now. I dropped out of acting in one of my friends movies this weekend because honestly I cannot focus right now. There isn't anything worse than letting down your friends, but they knew I wasn't all there and they had already made arrangements before I told them I couldn't go.

As some of you know, I have class tonight at 1am - so hopefully I can get a few hours of reprieve from this cycle of emptiness. There isn't anything I enjoy more than being on set right now, and those few moments are the lone bright spot for me right now. I'm not sure, but I think after class I might take a drive to the beach.

I've always found comfort in the ocean - and right now I need something that brings me some happiness. I guess that's about it for now, but apart from that, please know that I appreciate everyone's calls for support during this time. Thank you for everything.

No comments: