Thursday, September 25, 2008

September

So the month of September classes are finally over. Although I have one lab left on Saturday, I can say that I'm glad to be done with this month and I've done well in the classroom again.

This month hasn't been easy for me, and it's actually been by far the toughest to date. However, that is not necessitated by the difficulty of the classes. For most of this month I've been on a sleep schedule that hasn't afforded me much of a chance to rest. I find that I'm constantly waking up throughout the night and actual rest is few and far between.

I've tried to keep myself occupied by doing research for my idea for 35mm in May - but I often times will burn myself out within the first few hours. On Monday, I finally received the NASA doc "When We Left The Earth" and I watched all 8-hours of it...twice. I've been finding that those men who I've been reading about and literally watching in those docs are people whose belief in themselves, their mission and those around them are the people that I wish to aspire to become one day. That doesn't mean I want to be an astronaut - what it does mean is that those men had a goal and a collective conscience and the support to reach to the heavens and do the unthinkable. They are truly remarkable men - and hopefully I can parlay their heroism truthfully as I finish writing this script.

As for everything else, and I know you wanted me to go to Disneyworld mom, but unfortunately I haven't done much else. I've gone to the beach a couple times by myself - if nothing more than to get away. Unfortunately, those excursions were not initially planned to be solo adventures - but the people at Full Sail don't leave me with much of a choice when I'm continually being bailed out on at the last minute. I'm trying to cope with things one day at a time - and while I do have my good moments, the bad ones are more often than not right around the corner. But all I can do right now though is take it one day at a time and hope that as time passes things get better - which I know they eventually will. But in the meantime - all I ask is that you all please be patient with me, because I know this loathing in self-pity bs is starting to get old. I want to thank all of you for your support (Jen the cookies were a big hit) - and I want to promise all of you that although I might not be 100% focused I'm still giving 100% of my heart to the reason why I'm here in FL.

No comments: