Sunday, July 12, 2009

Phase I. The Beginning.

This month marks the beginning of the end of my time in Florida. As such there's only a few weeks left until I finally graduate and move on to bigger and (hopefully) better things. Right now there are a lot of things outside of school that I am working on, and in order to be able to have the full scope of my objectives in place it will consume nearly every minute of every day until Sept 4.

But I figured I would give an update as to what I have been away on. As of right now; I'm stitching together a demo reel for my portfolio, I'm working on organizing my entire projects, I'm working on getting my business cards finalized (they look AWESOME), I'm continuing to go through my database entries for potential employers (nearly an hourly thing I have to keep updating), I'm looking for housing (thank god the roommate situation is sorted). Yet, the biggest challenge and most exciting thing I'm working on and putting together is my own website.

As of right now, I have designs for how I want it to look and the website to function. Everyone tells me it is extremely ambitious, but then again if it weren't ambitious then it wouldn't be me, haha. I'm hoping to have a beta version of the site up in September when I leave, and I'm giving myself an initial completion date of sometime around late-October.

Right now my biggest concern is getting my name out there, being as versatile as possible, making an impression and presenting myself in a manner in which I am as marketable as possible. That's no easy task when you have to compete against millions of other people vying for the same scrappy jobs. This is only the beginning and things are going to get worse before they begin to get better. But everything I am doing is only going to aide me as I begin this new chapter in my life.

However, I know that if I apply myself and work as hard as I know I am capable of then only good things will follow. I have found that I love this profession more than any other; it's where I belong. I am going to push myself as hard as I can to get to where I want to be, and it all starts with myself. And as these final months slowly dwindle away the focus is on two things: school and my future, although the emphasis is shifting more toward post-graduation now.

And just for kicks, I'm attaching an epic track from the original Transformers film of a couple summers past.

No comments: