Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fragmented.

Lately things haven't exactly been according to plan.
[can you sense the irony in that?]

To sum up a vast ranges of emotions into one word, let me just start with challenging and how it applies.

Work is, and will always be, the highlight of my week. It might sound weird to read that, but then again, you do not have my job. However, with the official announcement that we are going to make a third installment of the Men In Black franchise, things have escalated greatly at work. And I love it. Since the movie is officially underway, the challenges we face are now greater and more daunting.

Now that the work update is fulfilled, we'll now change course. On to the harsher stuff. The real 'meat & potatoes' of why I'm blogging tonight.

This month has seen a new set of hidden obstacles for which you never can prepare for. To whit:

The Jeep was stolen*.
My computer along with it.
[and]
My back-up drive, which was in the Jeep too.

I've been writing a million different essay-type journals chronicling what happened the night my car was taken from me. And despite my rage, my anger and my inability to comprehend why this happened - all I can say is that this is easily one of the lowest-points in my life.

My personal life and everything about me and what personified me was ripped away in less than one hour. I've been through too many yelling sessions [my sincere apologies Mom] to get myself back on track. And despite having my heart ripped out - I've concluded one thing: that despite this gut-wrenching unforeseen and unexpected event - my soul is still in tact. That despite having my very identity [of what I was and who I've become] pried from my fire-ey death grip, that I will not break. I will not crumble.

If anything, I am only going to push myself harder. There are no limits to what I am willing to do to succeed in this industry. That despite being the lowest man on the proverbial totem-pole, nothing is going to hold me back from ascending the ranks and accomplishing my objectives. If anything, I'll look back one day say that I did this on my terms, and while the world was pulling me down I shouted obscenities at the wind while flipping off the naysayers tried to hold me back. I am going to succeed. I'm going to do this on my terms. watch me.

And if it takes the core of who I am to temporarily halt my momentum, then so be it, because when I regroup I will only come harder - and more determined than before. I might be down, but I am not out. I still have my camera. but most of all, I still have my passion, my soul, my dreams.

* = [later recovered in Compton]

here are some new pics [edited poorly on iphoto]





No comments: