Wednesday, May 26, 2010

a healthy reminder

Richard Marcinko is one of the most infamous [read: notorious] warriors the US-military has ever spawned. Although I have absolutely nothing in common with the man, apart from reveling in his highly entertaining and influential autobiography "The Rogue Warrior," he has some principles [or as he dictates, 'commandments'] that are helpful to anyone who is trying to achieve their objectives.

My favorite: "Never Be Satisfied"

I already know I won't quit in what I'm doing, but more importantly I know I won't be satisfied. And when you think about it, why would you ever be? Why stop at just doing your best - why not see just how much further you can raise the bar by taking what you're learning and apply it? especially when there are hundreds [if not thousands] of others who would kill to be in the same position?!

No comments: