Friday, October 3, 2008

The Darkest Light

This is our advanced lighting project for class last month (Sept '08). I worked as UPM again on this project, and although I wasn't ever entirely focused I did help with some of the lighting plots, schemes and shots we used. On set I helped out a lot with the rigging for the bedroom and street scenes - and I was actually the one lighting Jason's cigarette - for which we did nearly 30 takes including one where I almost burned his eyebrows off (I used too many matches and they exploded).

Overall I think this came out amazingly considering the time we had to prepare and shoot it (one week) and our DPs Ty and John did an amazing job finalizing our lighting plots and getting things into place. Take a look at it - and if the sound is too weak don't worry about it - it's supposed to be a lighting project anyway, haha...

No comments: