Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Seasons

I'm writing this as I lie in bed. Yet, as I escape my pervasive thoughts of the two mid-terms tomorrow and the project deadlines looming - I'm starting to think back to everything that's led me up to where I'm at in this point in my life. Most would argue that everything always seems to happen for a reason, and while I hope that holds true for what lies ahead, I keep going back to a time when life suddenly caught up to me and magically cast an intoxicating spell on me. I had a job that I liked, my true friends, all the forward momentum of chasing my dream and a girl, who for the first time in my life, genuinely loved me for all that I am.

To me, now, everything seems so simplistic back then. I had everything you could ever want and then some. The dreamer was finally awake and experiencing life as the following months that ensued made me happier than I had ever been at any point in my life. Looking back on it, all those months of autumn will always be for me what the summer of 2004 was - a point in my life when everything seemed to momentarily stop and come together. Simply put, the friendships were real, the adventures were numerous and exciting and love was realized.

Now fast forward to the present, and as I lie here in bed I can't help but think about how grateful I am for those memories. Being on the East Coast has been arguably the hardest thing I've had to do in my life, but it has taught me so much. And while I occasionally still feel isolated and distant from all that I cherish back home on the West Coast, it's those memories of love, laughter and life that get me through. Eventually I'll reach another one of these seasons - but until then I'll be eternally thankful for that brief period in my life.

As I leave, I wanted to leave this song. I'm putting it on here because it's the song that always brings me back to those memories, places and people.


I`ll Be Waiting Video

No comments: