Thursday, June 4, 2009

GSJG_The Beginning

Today was our Pre-Light day, which means we finally turned the house lights off and set up the lights that we're going to be shooting with in this film in. It went as expected...a complete mess. One of my greatest concerns happened, and we used all eight-hours to tweak the lighting. There's still a lot of work to be done, but for the purposes of this film, I'll do the best I can.

David Fincher was quoted on the set of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button that film is, "98-percent compromise." I knew that going in and it's definitely apparent now. I'm learning my lessons about my crew, my keys and myself. There are things I'll never do again, but now that the preproduction phase is over, it's now time to compensate for these new problems.

Here's hoping that we can pull this off. Everyone says we will, and everyone says they have confidence in me. Nervousness is consuming me, and pushing me to look at everything. Who knows what this will end up looking like, but I know I'm going to give it my effort. Hopefully everyone's right...

No comments: