Saturday, November 15, 2008

Endeavour Launch





At approximately 7:55pm ET space shuttle endeavour blasted off into space. among the few hundred thousand in attendance who witnessed the night-sky exploded into radiant shades of white, yellow and orange were my roommate, a friend of ours and myself.

For me, in this extraordinary moment, one single event literally brought life back into perspective and made me appreciate what it means to be an American. In the wake of the elections last week - I have always had a great sense of pride in having the power to express my voice (regardless of if others think it can't be heard) to express my opinion and the opportunity to do so. Along those same lines, the patriotism that accompanies something as majestic and powerful as a Shuttle Launch, brings about words that cannot begin to recount the emotions that parallels an event of this magnitude - for those of you wondering - below is the video of what we witnessed last night...

No comments: