Monday, November 24, 2008

Surface of the Sun

Lately I've been watching a lot of the movie Sunshine.



(For those of you who haven't watched it - or don't know already - Dannny Boyle is by far one of my favorite directors. His vision and his cinematic composition are second to none and he's vastly underrated. He's one of the few directors I will go out of my way for to watch his film - even if it means going to the most obscure theaters to watch them. And he also collaborates with John Murphy who is quickly becoming the new John Williams [see the clip below])

Anyway, as I digress...for those of you who have not seen it - I consider it one of my favorites already. Could the movie have been composed better, I honestly don't know. I've looked and I've tried - but I love everything about it.

As a sci-fi junkie whose passion was initially stirred by the hallow Alien - I must say this movie evokes a lot of emotion from me, not because it's a sci-fi movie, but because there are so many things that are true about life in general. I will spare everyone the details of the later part. But in short - if you haven't seen it yet - I highly recommend that you rent it or buy it. If you know what to look for you'll see true brilliance throughout, but if you're untrained - don't worry because it's a movie that'll transport you from your everyday life...even if it's just for a little while.

No comments: