Sunday, November 23, 2008

Morning Showers

So often this crucial part of my life is something that I don’t ever think about and yet take for granted how important it really is. Every morning we walk into the bathroom and go about our daily routine – and in some order – it consists of brushing our teeth, applying deodorant, the swabbing of the ears, cologne, and most importantly, the ever so vital shower.

Today as I was walking the aisles of Target looking for some mouthwash, it occurred to me. How often do we ever correlate our morning showers to our daily lives? I mean, my shower here creates nice thick drops that feel amazing as they completely engulf you – yet later this week I’ll be stung by the sharp splintering showers of California.

(while, I understand that part of this assumption is skewed by the fact that certain states and areas restrict the flow of water –this also reinforces my argument since it also represents a place where we are when we feel this sensation.)

When I think back on how many different places I’ve been and the number of taken showers I've taken, the one constant has always been that in the morning how I feel when I get out of the shower has always had some impact on my day. I mean, will I be happy today – will I be irritable – will I be aloof - will I be petulant? I cannot say that the shower is directly responsible for how I will act, but I can say that it does have some influence over my attitude since it is among the first things I do when I wake up in the morning.

Anyway, it was just a passing thought I had – so I am throwing it out there to any of you who are reading this...

No comments: